作者 主题: 【SMH2015-01】友谊是悲剧的Friendship-Is-Tragic 开头故事  (阅读 3270 次)

副标题: 第一次翻译,水平有限

离线 飞来飞去刀

• Peasant
  • 帖子数: 9
  • 苹果币: 0
THE KLOPP HEARD ROUND THE WORLD
克洛普的声音传遍了全世界

就在芝加哥市区以南一个小时的地方,坐落着阿米什人聚居地“Neuer Tag Dorf”,英文名为“New Day Town”。当地非阿米什人在有时会将“Neuertag”误解为“中立(neutral)”,并开始称该地区的居民为中立阿米什。由于阿米什人是众所周知的和平主义者,因此这个名字就一直被使用了。
剧透 -   :
Just one hour south of the Chicago sprawl lies the Amish settlement “Neuer Tag Dorf,” or New Day Town in English. The local non-Amish population at some point misinterpreted “Neuertag” to mean “neutral” and started calling the residents of the area the Neutral Amish. As the Amish are notorious pacifists, this name has stuck.

西蒙·安德鲁斯(Simon Andrews)来参观这里,不是为了他们当地的白三叶蜜、农场新鲜蔬菜,或者令人惊叹的手工缝制的被子和服装,而是为了他们的一小群木匠手艺工人。Neuer Tag Dorf是UCAS提供一些不得不招募的最优秀的工匠的家。
剧透 -   :
Simon Andrews is visiting this group, not for their local white clover honey, their farm-fresh vegetables, or the amazing handcrafted quilts and garments, but for their small group of artisanal woodworkers. Neuer Tag Dorf is home to some of the finest craftsmen the UCAS has to offer.

“Zeek,gew-deh dahg,我的老儿子,”他说,试图用宾夕法尼亚荷兰语打招呼。当这与西蒙自己的英语口音和俚语可怕地混合在一起时,听起来就像是一张拉蒙斯(Ramones)歌曲的蹩脚黑胶唱片。“我们喝露水”?
剧透 -   :
“Zeek, gew-deh dahg my old son,” he says, attempting a greeting in Pennsylvania Dutch, the German dialect natively spoken by the Amish. When it is horribly mixed with Simon’s own English accent and slang, it comes out sounding like a scratchy vinyl record of a Ramones song played at half speed. “We-bishd dew”?

“Ich bin simmlich gut”(我做得很好),大胡子男子回答。然后他改用英语。“你们英国人,总是希望一切都能按照准确的时间表进行。好吧,你会很难过,因为我们今天没有完成预计的微缩模型。我的一个儿子已经把它们带到他的工作室进行最后的绘画。它们明天早上应该会干燥好了。你今晚就在我家过夜。”
剧透 -   :
“Ich bin simmlich gut” (I’m doing pretty well), the bearded man answers. Then he switches to English. “You English, always wanting everything on an exact schedule. Well, you will be sad to learn that we do not have the miniatures done today as estimated. One of my sons has taken them to his workshop for final painting. They should be dry tomorrow morning. I invite you to stay the night as a guest in my home”

“是的,当然。谢谢你的邀请,”西蒙礼貌地说。西蒙说:“我很荣幸,哦,泽克,我想你有问题了,伙计。”人们的注意力被吸引到了一座越来越大的烟塔上。
剧透 -   :
“Yeah, sure. And thank you for the invitation,” Simon says politely. “I would be honored to—oh, Zeke, I think you got a problem there, mate,” Simon says, drawing the man’s attention to a growing tower of smoke.

以西结转过身来,看了看,然后开始用宾夕法尼亚荷兰语快速喊叫。西蒙认出了“桶”、“儿子”和“火”这个词。突然,阿米什人的男人和女人拿起了桶,朝着越来越大的灰烟柱跑去,西蒙跟着。当他爬上山顶时,阿米什人已经组建了一支水桶队,并开始去扑灭已经把房屋包围的大火。几个人开始把一架木梯搬到合适的位置,这时传来了激烈的马蹄声。
剧透 -   :
Ezekiel spins around, looks, and begins quickly shouting in Pennsylvania Dutch. Simon recognizes the word for “bucket”, “son”, and “fire.” Suddenly Amish men and women have taken up pails and are running toward the growing column of grey smoke, Simon follows. When he crests the hill the Amish have already formed a bucket brigade and are beginning to fight the blaze, which has surrounded the house. Several men begin to move a wooden ladder into place when the fierce galloping of hooves is heard.

“放下梯子,你们这些落后的野蛮人!”几只色彩鲜艳的半人马飞快地疾驰而上,像一道未驯服的复仇彩虹。领头的用前蹄猛砸在救火队员的面部和胸部,将队员们击倒在地。半人马群袭击了村庄的其他地方,撞倒了手推车,翻起了桶,打开了谷仓,放走了牲畜,还放火焚烧了一些外围建筑和马车。几分钟内他们就走了。
剧透 -   :
“Drop that ladder, you backwards savages!” Several brightly colored centaurs gallop up at great speed, like an untamed rainbow of vengeance. The leader smashes his front hooves down onto the face and chest of the lead ladder man, knocking the crew to the ground. The herd rides through the rest of the village, knocking over carts, upturning barrels, breaking open barns, freeing livestock, and setting fires to a few outhouses and buggies. Within a few minutes they are gone.

以西结和中立的阿米什人为了拯救儿子和儿子的家人而拼命战斗。西蒙惊恐地看到着火的被困母亲,把她最小的孩子扔出二楼的窗户。西蒙诅咒自己,因为他从来没有学过如何释放悬浮物的魔法。他对落下的孩子施了一个护甲法术。他本来打算施展另一个,但那个女人再也没有出现。直到大火熄灭,他们烧焦的遗体才被发现。西蒙整晚都在帮助烧伤患者进行治疗。
剧透 -   :
Ezekiel and the neutral Amish fight hard to save his son and his son’s family. Simon watches in horror as the trapped mother, on fire herself, throws her youngest child out the second-floor window. Simon curses himself for never learning how to cast levitate. He settles on am armor spell on the airborne child. He prepares another, but the woman never reappears. It is not until the blaze is out that their charred remains are discovered. Simon stays up most of the night helping the burn victims with heal spells.

第二天早上,马蹄声再次响起。西蒙冲到外面的镇广场,在那里他看到了以西结和其他几个镇上的长老,他们带着他们能迅速收集到的武器,主要是干草叉和铁锹,守卫着村庄的其他地方免受一群彩色半人马的攻击。这场对峙看起来像一群城市嬉皮士盯着一个巡回马戏团的流亡者。
剧透 -   :
The next morning the hooves are heard again. Simon rushes outside into the town square where he sees Ezekiel and a few of the other town elders with whatever weapons they could gather quickly, pitchforks and shovels mostly, guarding the rest of the village from a row of brightly colored centaurs. The standoff looks like a bunch of urban hipsters staring down exiles from a traveling circus.

领头的半人马说道。“现在听我说,”她的声音非常地洪亮,“这个穷乡僻壤的社区正式在我们的控制之下。我们将在几周后回来,接受食物和一些新円作为贡品,可以是在路边卖被子或你们这些原教旨主义者为了兴趣而做的任何事情。”
剧透 -   :
The lead centaur speaks. “Now hear this,” her voice booms “This backwards-ass community is officially under our control. We will be back in a few weeks to accept offerings of food and whatever small amount of nuyen you have managed to pull together by selling quilts on the side of the road, or whatever it is you fundamentalists do for fun.”

“我们不会被这种方式吓倒,”阿米什领导人说。“不要因为穷人贫穷而抢劫他们,也不要在门口碾压受苦的人;因为耶和华会为他们辩护,并夺去那些抢劫他们的人的生命。” 这是一本叫做《圣经》的书,夫人,《箴言》第22章第22节和第23节。这意味着——“但在村长说完他的想法之前,萨伊德·克洛普拉弓,搭箭,松开一支刺向阿米什首领心脏的箭。他倒在地上,死了。
剧透 -   :
“We will not be intimidated in this way,” the Amish leader says. “‘Do not rob the poor because he is poor, or crush the afflicted at the gate; For the LORD will plead their case, and take the life of those who rob them.’ That is from a book called the Bible, ma’am, Proverbs Chapter 22 verses 22 and 23. And it means—” But before the village leader could finish his thought Saeder-Klopp draws, nocks, and looses an arrow that pierces the Amish leader’s heart. He collapses to the ground, dead.

“所以。”萨伊德·克洛普来回踱步。“这里负责的家伙,现在是谁了?”
剧透 -   :
“So.” Saeder-Klopp paces back and forth a little bit. “That was the guy who was in charge, who is in charge now?”

“我是,”一个就像睡眼惺忪的狐狸并留着骄傲胡须的年轻人走上前去说道
剧透 -   :
“I am,” says a younger man with a proud beard like drowsy fox, stepping forward

“你叫什么名字,小个子?” 萨伊德·克洛普居高临下地问道。
剧透 -   :
“Now what’s your name, tiny human?” Saeder-Klopp asks condescendingly.

“我叫以西结”
剧透 -   :
“I am Ezekiel”

“好吧,以西结,你现在是我在这个村子里的副手。到夏天结束时,我们需要足够的食物,以维持三个月的数量。一两周后,我们将回来检查你的进度,并拿走其中的百分之十五。”他递给以西结一张带有衣服图案的纸,“你要在后腰部画上这个标志的图案,非常重要。还有上好颜色。好了,布朗尼,让我们骑出去吧!”说完,一群半人马穿过草地,越过山丘,回到他们来的噩梦工厂。
剧透 -   :
“Well, Ezekiel, you are now my deputy in this village. By the end of the summer we will be picking up enough food to sustain a sizable heard for three months. In a week or two we will be back to check on your progress, and to pick up fifteen of these.” He hands Ezekiel a piece of actual, physical paper with a pattern for a garment on it. “You will take note of the logo on the rear haunch, very important. Also the colors to be used. Okay, Bronies, let’s ride out!” With that, the herd of centaurs thunder across the grass and over the hill, back to whatever nightmare factory they came from.